Reem’s offers the warmth of Arab hospitality through the discovery of flavors, aromas, and techniques of the modern Arab street corner bakery. We provide our take on classic Arab street foods, combining traditional flavors with fresh local ingredients, all made with love. Our vision is to nurture a strong and vibrant community through the rich experience of Arab food and culture.
Join Reem’s Dream Team
Reem’s recently opened our brick & mortar bakery in the Fruitvale, Oakland, which serves as our anchor space. We also currently operate at two farmers markets selling our specialty product — mana’eesh fresh baked flatbreads — and cater for parties and corporate/non-profit events.
We are looking for Reem’s team member to support two additional new markets. This is a part-time hourly position. Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in and passion for food that can help us take Reem’s to the next level! Kitchen/food experience is encouraged but not required.
Team members start at $15/hour with a pathway for advancement. Tips are pooled based on work hours and can add between $2-5 per hour.
- Load and drive truck with booth materials to different sites.
- Setup and breakdown booth including canopy, tables, propane-powered griddle, and on-site decor
- Operate point of sale and money systems using square
- Provide excellent customer service
- Prepare and serve fresh baked flatbreads based on training
- Be knowledgeable of food safety standards and how to stay in compliance
- Keep booth stocked and organized with food, packaging items, etc.
- Update menu signage as needed
- Be a good team player and be flexible in assisting in different areas of operation
- Work hard and have fun (we play hard too!)
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to lift 40 pounds, be comfortable bending, stretching, and doing other physical work
- Be able to work long shifts (8 hours or more, on occasion), jump right in, and get hands dirty
- Be able to work in fast-paced environment
- Be available on weekends/evenings
- Have Servsafe certification to work in food service
- Have a driver’s license, good driving record, and be comfortable driving a large van.
The following qualities are helpful but not required:
- Experience selling food at outdoor events/festivals
- Experience setting up cooking equipment, working with propane, and is generally “handy.”
- General knowledge of Arab cuisine and culture
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Spanish
Thursdays, 3:30 pm- 9:30 pm, Farmers Market
Sundays, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Farmers Market
*Hours are based on current needs and subject to change.
If you are interested in applying, please send a letter of inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the following information:
- Your Name and Contact Information
- A resume with your background and relevant experience
- Answer to the question: If you were a spice what would you be and why?
- Best times to reach you