Reem’s is looking for leaders in the kitchen to take Reem’s bakery & restaurant to the next level! We are hiring line cooks, prep cooks, and bakers to join our team.
About the Job
Reem’s production team members are responsible for producing consistent quality food to customers daily in a timely fashion.
- Execute production of Reem’s menu item, including savory dishes, breads, and specialty pastries.
- Chop, roast, mix, marinate, and prep high volume of ingredients.
- Mix, prepare, shape and bake high volumes of dough.
- Support in recipe and menu development
- Ensure that kitchen, food prep areas, and all food storage is clean and organized
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Lift 40 pounds, be comfortable bending, stretching, and doing other physical work
- Work long shifts (8 hours or more, on occasion), jump right in, and get hands dirty and work in fast-paced environment
- Be available on weekends/evenings
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience in the food industry and servsafe certification to work in a kitchen
- Knowledge of baking breads and sweet pastries (if applying for baker position)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
The following qualities are helpful but not required:
- General knowledge of Arab cuisine and culture
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Spanish
The positions range from 20-32 hours. Team members start at $15/hour with a pathway for advancement. Tips are pooled based on work hours. If you are interested in applying, please send a letter of inquiry to email@example.com by July 8th and provide us with the following information:
- Your Name and Contact Information
- A resume with your background and relevant experience
Reem’s offers the warmth of Arab hospitality through the discovery of flavors, aromas, and techniques of the modern Arab street corner bakery. Our vision is to nurture a strong and vibrant community through the rich experience of Arab food and culture.
We practice a work hard, play hard workplace culture and see each person’s contribution as invaluable to operating as a cohesive team. We value hustle and commitment, but we always work with laughter, music, dancing, and lots of puns.